Hello, my name is Jonas Koops, Lead Analyst at TOCO. Hopefully, our mission is well known by now: assisting entrepreneurs with their financial administration. And where does it all start: with the documents. That’s why our first blogs in January were about uploading, editing and forwarding documents.
But, we didn’t sit still. You sent us suggestions, tips and wishes. Thanks a lot for that! Based on that we designed a completely new document table. I would like to explain the biggest changes to you below, but as of today you can discover them for yourself on the TOCO platform.
Exciting! What are the biggest changes?
For the inbox:
- Upload button: you can now choose: either you upload one or more documents without choosing a document type or you deliberately select a document type directly. This is very handy if you want to upload all your sales invoices in one go, for example.
- OCR – Suggestion to split document: as soon as a document is uploaded, scanning starts on our side. If our scanning system recognises several documents in one file, we will ask you if you want to split the document. That’s handy!
- Choose your own columns: from now on you decide which data you do or do not see. Click on the ‘Settings’ icon and select the desired columns. You can even drag and drop them in the order you want.
- Collapsible rows: click on the poll at the beginning of the row and not only do you see more data, you can also modify them directly without having to open the document completely.
- Payment status: to make sure you see the payment status correctly, we’ve added more statuses. If you provide an expiration date, we will show ‘number of days remaining’ or ‘overdue’, otherwise we will continue to show ‘paid’ or ‘unpaid’.
- Payment button: if you want to pay for a document directly, click on the ‘Pay’ button and we will take you directly to the payment details of the document.
- Indication ’email’: have you forwarded documents via email? Then you will see that on the label ’email’. Why is that important? Documents via email must be given a document type before you can forward them for example.
- Notes & tags: notes are displayed via the note icon. Hover over the icon and you can read them directly. Tags are displayed in the fold-out row. You can easily search on both.
Of course you can still forward documents to your accountant, split or merge them, move them to company documents, delete or download them (we create a zip file with a folder per document type). You can perform these actions per document or for multiple documents at the same time via the multi-select.
The search function is already available for most data, for example you can search on all text in a document, tags or on data of a document. However, we will develop the table even further with sorting, filters and an extensive search function in the coming weeks.
Where can I find the new document table?
Above I have given the ‘Inbox’ as an example, because that’s where you start your document flow. Which functionalities and data are available depends on the specific tabs (e.g. booking status in tab ‘sent to accountant’) but you can find the new table throughout the ‘Documents’ menu:
- In the ‘Inbox’, ‘Sent to accountant’ and ‘Archive’ tab.
- And in the ‘Company files’ tab
We are curious what you think of our new document table. So don’t hesitate to share your questions, experiences or suggestions with us via email@example.com.